- This event has passed.
May 5 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Basic Lighting Workshop
We’ll be offering an in-person five-class workshop at the DPI-SIG studio.
- Workshop meeting: Weds., May 05 6:00 – 8:00 P.M. Available light
- Workshop meeting: Weds., May 12 6:00 – 8:00 P.M. Speedlights part 1
- Workshop meeting: Mon., May 17 6:00 – 8:00 P.M. Speedlights part 2
- Workshop meeting: Weds., May 19 6:00 – 8:00 P.M. LED lights & modifiers
- Workshop meeting: Mon., May 24 6:00 – 8:00 P.M. Problem solving
Casual posing and composition will be addressed in each workshop meeting.
We need to limit the workshop to six participants. Although most of the workshop will take place outside, there will be occasional presentations inside on the screen. Limiting the workshop to six people will allow us to maintain social distance in the studio in addition to wearing masks. While outside, we’ll work in two groups of three each: one to photograph, one to hold the light or the 5-in-1, and one to model. Only the model will be unmasked, and we will be adhering to social distancing guidelines there as well. It is hoped that the six participants will attend all five sessions. This will avail the participants to a logical progression of instruction, while keeping the limited group the same and minimizing outside exposure. The last meeting “problem solving” might be better held at Baker Park in more of a real location shoot environment. The two groups of three as well as the same mask and social distancing protocols would be observed.